Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dear Santa-

I remember writing my Christmas list when I was younger. I would fill the page with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures I wanted and God knows what else, always making sure to remember to put down clearly everything that I had even thought about wanting since December 26 of the previous year. I don't write a Christmas list anymore, but if I did, I don't think I could fill one of those mini Post-It notes. My parents keep calling me to ask me what they can get me- a surround sound system, clothes, cash? I just tell them I really don't know because I can't think of anything. Sure, it would be fun to have a surround sound system to hook up to my new LCD TV, but I live in an apartment with other people living right above me. I don't need to be re-creating epic battle scenes explosion-for-explosion at all hours. And I always say clothes are okay because I don't like buying clothes, but my closet and drawers are completely filled with the Christmas presents of the last few years. I would like to think that I'm not a superficial person and that I'm above wanting material things for Christmas, but maybe it's just that I already have everything. So I'm either a pious, righteous person with no longing for material possessions, or I'm a greedy kid with every Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and LCD TV I could ever want.

No comments:

Post a Comment