Thursday, December 11, 2008

I miss hockey

St. Louis is a hockey town. The Blues (though still waiting to get a Stanley Cup) always have an awesome team and the city is full of fans, myself included, that bleed Blue. I remember the good old days, watching Brett Hull, Brendan Shanahan, Curtis Joseph, and all the other greats play. My dad took me to some games and we always watched them on TV. When soccer, baseball, and basketball didn't work out for me, hockey was the one sport I really loved to play. I probably played for 6 years or so and had some really memorable times. I'll always remember playing goalie and winning a championship game in a shootout, probably the most nervous and then the most excited I had ever been. And also the time I got into a fight and was suspended for a game. But I really miss playing with my friends. I had a few friends who always signed up on a team with me, and it was really fun to play with them, feeding them passes and roughing up other teams with them. Kansas City is not a hockey town. They have their football team (is it okay to call them a "team"?) and their baseball te- um.... group of guys, but no hockey for miles around. One of these days I'll get to play hockey again. And maybe one of these days I'll have enough money for cable so I can watch Blues games too...

No comments:

Post a Comment